Transport Logistics Manager
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD - other
- Lots of Autonomy
- Significant fleet
- Newly created role
An iconic brand in the agribusiness sector, our client is at the forefront of best practice in their farming and production operations. They employ more than 250 people in their intensive livestock and cropping operations, and are a highly respected member of the agribusiness community. With a commitment to quality and a strong drive to succeed, the company is constantly exploring markets and opportunities to improve, grow and expand their operations. To support this growth, they are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual into the role of Transport Logistics Manager.
The Transport Logistics Manager will be responsible for the management, maintenance and coordination of the organisation’s heavy machinery, transport vehicles, and compliance requirements. This will involve liaising closely with the relevant business partners to coordinate planning initiatives to ensure that the transport logistics meets the requirements of the business.
- Review current operations and develop a business plan to support the future growth, management and maintenance of the company’s fleet;
- Develop, implement, and enforce fatigue management processes and systems to support continuous compliance;
- Actively manage capital and operational expenditure in accordance with the agreed purchasing policy, and within authorised limits;
- Coordinate and schedule transport activities on the various sites, liaising with the relevant SLT and Divisional/Departmental Managers, to attain the best possible productivity to ensure performance meets or exceeds the standards set by the company;
- Maintain effective communication with business customers to ensure effective management of machinery, minimising waste and maximising customer service;
- Review and implement improved cost efficiency measures and time management processes within the transport fleet.
- Minimum 10 years in the management of fleet operations essential, with trade or engineering qualifications in and mechanical field an advantage;
- Sound knowledge of and understanding of Fleet Management Systems as they relate to farm machinery, heavy vehicles and passenger vehicles;
- Proactive and autonomous;
- Proactive problem solver with high attention to detail;
- Thorough understanding of compliance as it relates to heavy vehicle fatigue;
- Outstanding communication skills, teamwork focussed, ‘can do’ attitude.
Are you a transport professional who is looking for a role that will provide challenges and high levels of job satisfaction? Do you understand the complexities of managing and maintaining a varied fleet, while meeting the demands of the business? If this sounds like you, please click on the link below, or apply online at www.bluhat.com.au. Your confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time