Production Manager - Grading Floor
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD - other
- State of the Art technology
- Dynamic team
- Generous package
Our client, a privately owned agribusiness company, supplies high-quality, consumer-driven products to markets through Australia. Founded in 1958, the company has grown from a small, one-person operation, to employing more than 250 people in their intensive livestock and cropping operations. With a commitment to quality and strong drive to succeed, the company is constantly exploring markets and opportunities to improve, grow and expand their operations. To support this growth, they are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual into the role of Production Manager – Grading Floor.
The Production Manager will be responsible for team management, and implementing efficiency and continuous improvement initiatives in all aspects of grading floor processes. Working closely with all key stakeholders, the Production Manager will lead the team in the development and delivery of production targets and process improvements, and will ensure that the production facility operates at optimal efficiency.
- Effectively manage all aspects of the production process, including rostering of staff and Workplace Health and Safety.
- Develop and implement LEAN manufacturing processes and practices to ensure efficiency within the production team;
- Ensure effective communication with both farming and the marketing team to maintain effective management of customer orders to minimise waste and maximise customer service and satisfaction;
- Set and meet agreed production KPIs while ensuring compliance with all safety protocols and practices;
- Motivate, train and supervise staff to create a highly effective and engaged team;
- Assist with the analysis of the existing processes, systems and standards to drive improvement initiatives;
- Assist in developing strategies to ensure deliverable outcomes.
- Review, develop and maintain Workplace Health and Safety systems to ensure best practice initiatives are in place, and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Mentor, develop and train staff to ensure they are equipped with the skills to grow and develop in their respective roles.
- Qualifications in a Process Engineering or Food Technology discipline highly desirable;
- Proven track record of success in the leadership of a food manufacturing/processing facility essential;
- High level planning and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines and priorities;
- Extensive technical skills on grading equipment and robotic essential;
- Ability to communicate across a broad section of the business;
- Drive and integrity.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills with high level computer literacy;
- Thorough understanding of the principles of LEAN manufacturing, with experience with MOBA and Scada systems.
Are you a Production professional looking to grow and consolidate your career? Are you able to identify opportunities that have the potential to improve the outcomes and performance of the specific work area? If this sounds like you, please click on the link below, or apply online at www.bluhat.com.au. Your confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time