Area Manager - Poultry
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD - other
- Newly created senior role
- Industry best practice
- Great career opportunities
Our client, a highly respected and well-known icon in the agribusiness sector, is at the forefront of best practice in their farming and production operations. They employ more than 250 people in their intensive livestock and cropping operations, and are a highly respected member of the agribusiness community. With a commitment to quality and a strong drive to succeed, the company is constantly exploring markets and opportunities to improve, grow and expand their operations. To support this growth, they are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual into the role of Area Manager - Poultry.
The Area Manager - Poultry will support the General Manager – Poultry in the development and implementation of strategy for the company’s Poultry Division. The successful candidate will be responsible to lead the allocated farm operational teams to ensure the highest standards of site presentation, biosecurity, health, safety, and environmental and animal welfare procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Lead and develop allocated farm teams to ensure optimal outcomes on all farming operations, and foster teamwork and work cooperatively and effectively to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness;
- Develop, implement and review the annual operating plans and budgets for allocated Departments;
- Develop and manage the poultry operations across the business, and coordinate the ongoing business and poultry expansion plans;
- Maintain a sound understanding of legislative, regulatory, third party and customer requirements relevant to the allocated departments;
- Monitor, collate, analyse and report on critical production and operational information to facilitate decision-making for the allocated departments;
- Provide updates to the business on developments in the areas of bird health and animal welfare, in order to improve bird health and overall productivity;
- Review performance data to monitor and measure departmental productivity, quality standards, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications in an Animal Science related field preferred;
- Minimum 5 years senior management experience in the Poultry industry essential;
- Understanding of the requirements of Quality Assurance and Food Safety Systems and documentation highly regarded;
- Demonstrated capability to prioritise and plan work activities, use time efficiently, set goals and objectives, and develop realistic action plans;
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills;
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, as well as an ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with people from all backgrounds, across all levels of the business;
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to the Microsoft Suite.
Are you an experienced poultry industry professional looking to develop your career with an industry leader that fosters a culture of continuous operational improvement, and is focussed on ‘raising the bar’ in all areas of operations? If this sounds like you, please click on the link below, or apply online at www.bluhat.com.au. Your confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time