Work type: Full time
Location: QLD - other
- Generous remuneration
- Long-term career opportunities
- Great team environment
Founded in 1958, our client is a privately owned agribusiness that supplies high-quality, consumer-driven products to markets through Australia. Over the years, the company has grown from a small one-person operation to employing more than 250 people in their intensive farming and cropping operations. With a commitment to quality, and strong drive to succeed, the company is constantly exploring markets and opportunities to improve, grow and expand their operations. To support their vision, they are now seeking an experienced individual to join their team in the role of Farm Supervisor at their Cage Free farming operation.
As the Farm 2IC, you will be responsible for assisting the Farm Manager in all aspects of farming operations to ensure the smooth running of the site. With a requirement to optimise production in line with animal welfare standards, it is expected the successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in the poultry industry, and be committed to the delivery of high standards of quality, safety and efficiency.
- Assist the Farm Manager to implement, develop and monitor the cage free system of laying to consistently deliver high quality, hygienic eggs in line with animal welfare and food safety requirements;
- Develop and support continuous quality improvement initiatives throughout the operations;
- Ensure maintenance and effective operation of shed systems including egg conveyors and farm packers to ensure efficient egg collection and minimal wastage;
- Monitor, action and delegate alarm calls including the regular testing and record-keeping;
- Monitor and maintain flock health including administering treatments to poultry as directed;
- Undertake projects as allocated including regular bird weighing and shed environment recording and reviewing;
- Assist in the recruitment, onboarding, induction, training and performance management of farming staff.
- Minimum Certificate III in Poultry Production, with a sound track record of success in a supervisory role in poultry laying or comparable environment;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a poultry/egg production role, with supervisory experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through the effective supervision of financial, physical and human resources;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Critical thinker, strong decision making;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
Are you someone who loves the challenges of operations and teams, who is looking to build a career in the poultry industry? Are you looking for the ‘next step’ in your career, or perhaps you’d like to consolidate your career with one of Australia’s leading egg producers? If this sounds like you, please click on the link below, or apply online at www.bluhat.com.au. Your confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time