Division 2IC - Farms
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD - other
- Broadacre cropping
- Long-term career opportunities
- Generous package
Our client, a privately owned agribusiness company, supplies high-quality, consumer-driven products to markets through Australia. Founded in 1958, the company has grown from a small, one-person operation, to employing more than 250 people in their intensive livestock and cropping operations. With a commitment to quality, and strong drive to succeed, the company is constantly exploring markets and opportunities to improve, grow and expand their operations. As part of this growth, they have identified the need for a suitably motivated, qualified and experienced individual in the role of Division 2IC – Farms to support all technical aspects of cropping operations including irrigated and dry land crops, and organic production.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager - Farms, you will be responsible to support and assist with all farming operations including land preparation, planting and harvesting, irrigation, and maintenance of associated equipment and infrastructure. This will include responsibility for the day-to-day farm operations, and for direct management of farm personnel including farm hands, farm contractors and farm equipment operators. In addition, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the incumbent will actively participate in, and contribute to, the ongoing improvement and leadership of the business.
- Ensure the efficiency of cropping operations to support the feed commodity requirements of the wider company operations, and develop forward contracts to ensure ongoing supply in line with business needs;
- Assist with the review of current and developing technologies, and assess their suitability to improve efficiencies within farming operations;
- Provide support, mentoring and direction to all farm workers, and coordinate all farm activities including maintenance, planting, irrigation, chemical application and harvesting;
- Provide accurate and relevant information to assist with the preparation of operational reports as directed;
- Plant, tend and harvest crops in accordance with agreed schedules and processes.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in broadacre farming essential;
- Proven capability in the management of all aspects of cropping operations including finances, physical resources and human resources;
- Expertise in implementing cost saving measures and initiatives designed to improve productivity of farming operations;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, cooperative and collaborative, problem solver;
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining customer relationships to ensure agreed outcomes are achieved;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Current HR/HC licence with knowledge of GPS systems, self-propelled sprayers and harvesting equipment essential.
Have you been looking for an opportunity to continue to develop and grow your farming career within one of Australia’s leading privately owned agribusiness operations on the Darling Downs? Are you a ‘people person’ who loves to mentor and grow a team of farming professionals? If this sounds like you, please click on the link below, or apply online at www.bluhat.com.au. Your confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time