Assistant Broiler Farm Manager
Work type: Full time
Location: NSW - other
- Tamworth area
- Grow your career
- Total package $60,000 to $80,000
Our client is fast developing its presence within the Australian Broiler farming sector. Having established investments in Australian agricultural assets, they are in the process of consolidating their existing operations, and planning for their next stage of growth. To support these plans, they are seeking a dedicated and committed individual to join the team in the role of Assistant Farm Manager.
The Assistant Farm Manager will support all aspects of productivity, safety and maintenance of the farming operations, including managing a small team. Working closely with the Farm Manager, the successful candidate will be a proactive worker who is prepared to roll their sleeves up to get the job done. Housing, utilities, tools of trade and the use of an on-farm vehicle are all included as part of the package, with this role offering an outstanding opportunity for someone looking to progress their farm management career.
- Support the Farm Manager in identifying and implementing sound operating practices across the farm, focused primarily on productivity and safety;
- Manage to day to day upkeep of the farm including feed operations and silos;
- Manage a small team of workers to deliver agreed targets and tasks;
- Maintain all compliance records and manage daily and weekly figures and reporting;
- Work with the Farm Manager to create a sound maintenance plan, including both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance;
- Mange team rosters to ensure appropriate staffing requirements are met.
- Experienced farming professional with a proven track record of success in intensive protein production in poultry, pork, feedlots, crocodile farming, grain production or another similar industry;
- Exceptional safety record essential;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel an advantage;
- Mechanical experience or aptitude, with stick welding experience desirable,
- Bobcat ticket or experience operating similar equipment preferred;
- Strong work ethic, team player;
- Desire to build a farm-based lifestyle into a long-term career.
Are you a farming professional looking to advance your career with a highly respected family organisation? Are you looking for an opportunity to establish your home and career in the Tamworth area? If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking on the link below, or online via the Jobs tab at www.bluhat.com.au. Your confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time