Work type: Contract, Full time
Location: QLD - other
- Exciting career opportunity
- Millmerran head office
- Supporting organisational change
Our client, a privately owned agribusiness company, supplies high-quality, consumer-driven products to markets through Australia. Founded in 1958, the company has grown from a small, one-person operation, to employing more than 250 people in their intensive livestock and cropping operations. With a commitment to quality, and strong drive to succeed, the company is constantly exploring markets and opportunities to improve, grow and expand their operations. To support this growth, they are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual into the role of Financial Accountant.
Under direction from the Finance and Administration Manager, the Financial Accountant will process standing journals, manage aspects of inter-company charges, update monthly report criteria, and ensure timely completion of financial accounts across specified company interests. In addition, the successful candidate will manage all aspects of salaries and wages for those companies, and support the finance team in the development and roll-out of new business improvement practices and processes.
- On-charge completed assets from trading entities to asset holding companies;
- Maintain and reconcile asset registers and reconcile creditors;
- Manage wage & contract labour reconciliations in Time & Attendance program;
- Maintaining SUN accounting system for new project codes;
- Process new creditor applications and provide support & holiday relief for weekly payment run;
- Prepare tax and statutory returns including FBT and BAS as required;
- Assist with the consolidation of financial reports across all company interests.
- Formal qualifications in an Accounting related discipline with CA/CPA essential:
- Knowledge and understanding of the agribusiness environment an advantage;
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial accounting role with a sound knowledge of BAS and ATO reporting requirements;
- Process, attention to detail;
- Demonstrated expertise in developing sound financial processes and systems to support a multifaceted business;
- Integrity, honesty and openness.
Are you looking for an advancement opportunity, or perhaps seeking to consolidate your financial accounting career. Are you excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic and growing private company that values and rewards integrity and ingenuity? If this sounds like you, please click on the link below, or apply online at www.bluhat.com.au. Your confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time